Stranded passengers back on course to Norwich from Bulgaria
- Credit: Archant
Around 200 passengers who were stranded in Bulgaria when their flight made an emergency landing are on their way to Norwich.
A Thomson Airlines flight took off from Sofia Airport around 4.45pm and is due to land in Norwich at 7.45pm this evening.
The passengers, many of whom are from Norfolk, were originally on a flight to Norwich from Cyprus on June 21.
In the intervening time, the passengers have faced a host of challenges, including with hotels, currency, and running out of medication.
The delay and lack of communication has ruined two weddings, a honeymoon and an engagement for Norwich couples.
You may also want to watch:
A TUI spokesman said: 'We would like to apologise to all customers on flight TOM5483 from Paphos to Norwich on 21st June 2018 which diverted to Sofia, Bulgaria last night due to a technical issue. All customers have been provided with meals and overnight accommodation.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 3 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues