Stranded passengers back on course to Norwich from Bulgaria
- Credit: Archant
Around 200 passengers who were stranded in Bulgaria when their flight made an emergency landing are on their way to Norwich.
A Thomson Airlines flight took off from Sofia Airport around 4.45pm and is due to land in Norwich at 7.45pm this evening.
The passengers, many of whom are from Norfolk, were originally on a flight to Norwich from Cyprus on June 21.
In the intervening time, the passengers have faced a host of challenges, including with hotels, currency, and running out of medication.
The delay and lack of communication has ruined two weddings, a honeymoon and an engagement for Norwich couples.
You may also want to watch:
A TUI spokesman said: 'We would like to apologise to all customers on flight TOM5483 from Paphos to Norwich on 21st June 2018 which diverted to Sofia, Bulgaria last night due to a technical issue. All customers have been provided with meals and overnight accommodation.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns