Startup Britain tour reaches Norwich, aiming to inspire entrepreneurs
- Credit: Archant
Aspiring entrepreneurs launching their own businesses have been undeterred by Brexit uncertainty, with new company formations largely in line with last year.
New figures for the East released by StartUp Britain reveal in Norwich, 521 companies were formed in the first five months of 2016, compared to 1,149 for the full year of 2015.
And in Chelmsford 644 were launched for the first five months of this year, compared to 1,478 for the whole of 2015.
The small business vote of confidence comes as enterprise campaign StartUp Britain ventures into East Anglia this week, visiting Chelmsford today and Norwich tomorrow.
It is part of StartUp Britain's 30-stop tour across the country, aiming to provide inspiration and support to thousands of budding business owners.
You may also want to watch:
Parking the bus in public squares and high streets, StartUp Britain recruits local entrepreneurs and experts to come on board and give free, impartial advice to anyone wanting to start or grow a business.
Matt Smith, director of StartUp Britain, said: 'The fact we are now visiting more locations than ever before clearly shows how far Britain's entrepreneurial spirit spreads.
- 1 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 2 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 3 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 7 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 8 Caravan left dumped near beach for several years will be removed
- 9 Police investigate 'possible assault' after Dereham town centre fight
- 10 How landlord behind squalid flats was finally brought to justice
'What's more, as we travel from place to place we will gain more experience and more inspiration to pass on to the next city.
'Certainly, the StartUp Britain bus tour is a great way to come face-to- face with some of Britain's most innovative individuals.'
The StartUP Britain bus is in Chelmsford High Street today from 10am to 4pm, and outside the Forum in Norwich tomorrow from 10am to 4pm.
StartUp Britain is a national campaign which aims to harness the expertise and passion of Britain's leading businesspeople to unleash entrepreneurship across the UK.
The campaign is run by the Centre for Entrepreneurs think tank and sponsored by NatWest, 123 Reg and .uk.
•Find your dream job at Jobs24.co.uk
Are you launching a new business? Call business writer Sabah Meddings on 01603 772879 or email email@example.com