St Peter’s Brewery recruits Steve Magnall as chief executive
- Credit: Archant
St Peter's Brewery has recruited the former deputy managing director of Greene King, Steve Magnall, as its new chief executive.
Mr Magnall takes the baton from managing director Colin Cordy who has announced plans to retire from the Suffolk-based brewer.
The move comes just weeks after the company toasted its 20th anniversary by championing its export record, which sees 50pc of its products – including its range of cask ales – sold overseas.
'I am greatly looking forward to developing the St Peter's brand even further through both its beer and retail formats,' Mr Magnall said. 'Without question, St Peter's is a fantastic brand which produces a range of award winning beers -whether gluten free, organic, golden, ruby red or any of the others in the range. This is a true sleeping giant of a brand.'
An ex-managing director of Thwaites Beer, which was sold to Marstons for £25m, Mr Magnall track record in the brewing industry includes a non-executive director position at Colchester-based Cask Marque.
You may also want to watch:
John Murphy, chairman of St Peter's Brewery, said: 'I and the rest of the team are delighted to welcome Steve to St Peter's Brewery as our new Chief Executive Officer. His record is impressive and his knowledge of our industry is unmatched. He is brimming with ideas and, after more than twenty years of business, his vigour and enthusiasm is just what we need. We are very excited to see where he will take the business.'
Founded in 1996, St Peter's Brewery is based in former agricultural buildings at St. Peter South Elmham, near Bungay.
- 1 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 2 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 3 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 4 Bird's eye view of new £26m seaside leisure centre taking shape
- 5 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 6 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 7 Anger at new plans for landmark Victorian hotel
- 8 Family fined £300 for dumping mountain of cardboard in car park
- 9 'The real Wells people are here' - crowds stay away from coast
- 10 Luxury 12-bedroom holiday home with pool for sale for £1.5m
• Do you have a business story for the Eastern Daily Press? Contact business editor Ben Woods on 01603 772426 or email email@example.com