Want to do more work on a snow day? Companies House has some tips
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
How can you make the most of your work day when it snows?
Even if your colleagues are taking the day off and clients are shutting up shop because of the weather, there's no reason your day in the office has to be a write-off.
Here are some top tips from Gov.uk service Companies House to make your snow day productive:
Register for online filing
If you haven't already, register for online filing, which Companies House claims can save a business time and money. More than 80% of companies already file online and amongst other things, benefit from built-in checks that help you to avoid errors, and the possibility of rejection.
You may also want to watch:
Sign-up for email reminders
As an online filer, you can then sign-up to Companies House's email reminder service. When your company is due to file it's accounts or confirmation statement, the service will send you a reminder by email, giving you plenty of time to meet the filing deadline.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
Check company information for free
Check if your company records are up to date using Companies House Service. You can view your filing history, check when your next set of accounts or confirmation statement are due and make sure your People with Significant Control (PSC) information is correct.
Use its Follow service
Start using Companies House's Follow service to keep tabs on your own company's filings or follow your business competitors and receive instant email alerts when they file anything.
Sign-up for email news alerts
Sign-up to Companies House email alerts for the service's latest news and information. You can pick and choose the topics that interest you, or subscribe to them all.
Register for webinars
Register for Companies House's next joint webinar with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). It will cover the registration process, directors' responsibilities to Companies House and HMRC, and where to go for more help and guidance.
Read Companies House's blogs
Catch up with the service's latest blogs – from the history of the iconic rugby ball, to the story of a pioneering female industrialist. Plus, you can sign-up for email updates to get the latest blog straight into your inbox.