Norwich data centre chosen by offshore energy firm
- Credit: Seajacks
An offshore energy services firm has recruited the help of a Norwich data centre to improve its 'business resilience'.
Seajacks, which provides jack-up vessels to install, maintain and decommission offshore energy infrastructure, is moving data storage from its main site in Great Yarmouth to Migsolv's facility in Bowthorpe.
A plan to store its data off-site as part of a "disaster recovery plan" led Seajacks to Migolv's secure Gatehouse data centre, which was originally built by Norwich Union and renovated by Migsolv at a cost of £12m.
The firm has also opted for Migsolv to provide it with enhanced wide area network (WAN) connectivity.
A spokesman for Seajacks said: "Having a secure data centre with excellent connectivity less than 20 miles away is fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
"We decided against a cloud solution so we could remain in control and maintain physical access to our hardware."
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 8 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 9 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel