Norwich jewellers create £4,000 Sudocrem lid to celebrate royal birth
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich-based family jewellers has created a nappy cream lid with more than a little sparkle as a tribute to expectant mum the Duchess of Sussex.
The solid silver lid, sized to fit a 125g pot of Sudocrem, was designed and hand crafted at Tilletts' workshop on St Giles street.
Named 'The Meghan Sparkle', the hand-engraved, diamond-encrusted lid displays the flags of the United Kingdom and the United States of America to celebrate the birth of the Duke of Sussex and Meghan's royal baby.
All the proceeds from the £4,250 price tag will be going to the Ickle Pickles charity which provides intensive care equipment for premature babies.
Lorraine Tilletts, managing director of the jewellers, said: 'We wanted to create something that reflected the sparkling warmth and charm of Meghan's personality whilst also creating something unique to celebrate the imminent arrival of their baby.'
The American former actress has said she is due to give birth in late April or early May.
Tilletts is also taking commissions for a Sudocrem lid in sterling silver, engraved with custom baby's initials for £1,750, with all the profits going to the same charity.
- 1 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 4 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 5 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 6 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 7 Highways bosses reveal when A47 dualling work will start
- 8 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 9 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth
- 10 Man sexually assaulted and raped woman who fell asleep
The St Giles Street jewellers was established in 1908 and is a member of the UK's foremost jewellery trade body the National Association of Jewellers.