Norwich chef returns to the kitchen with five-course collection Father’s Day menu
- Credit: Archant
A well-known Norfolk chef is returning to the kitchen for the first time since lockdown began to offer a five-course menu for collection for Father’s Day.
Roger Hickman, chef and owner of Roger Hickman’s Restaurant in Norwich, on Upper St Giles Street, has launched the taster menu, which will come with reheating instructions to be served at home.
The menu features an array of Norfolk produce, including asparagus, crab, samphire, quails eggs and Norfolk beef.
The meals will be prepared for collection on Saturday, June 20, the day before Father’s Day on the Sunday.
The menu will be asparagus salad with cep purée, crab with quails eggs, samphire, avocado and cucumber, short rib of beef with shallots and pomme purée, a cheese plate and lemon tart with raspberry sorbet.
You may also want to watch:
The five-course menu costs £50 a head, with a free bottle of Prosecco for orders of four or more people.
Mr Hickman said: “It has been very frustrating not being able to cook for people, but even offering takeaway meals during lockdown was not really feasible.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 6 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 7 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 8 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 9 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 10 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
“However, with restrictions being lifted gradually, we wanted to offer something to our many loyal customers who have been urging us to start cooking again.
“I have designed the menu so that it is very simple to reheat and serve at home, and I hope that many dads will be able to enjoy their special day with a gastronomic treat.”
It can be ordered via www.rogerhickmansrestaurant.com/fathers-day and customers will pay by card, before being offered a slot for contactless collection.
• To keep up with all Norfolk food and drink news, you can join our Eat Norfolk Facebook page.