Ridgeon Group MD Angela Rushforth named as incoming CBI East of England vice-chairman
- Credit: Archant
CBI president Sir Mike Rake today announced the appointment of Angela Rushforth as the incoming Vice Chair of the CBI East of England Regional Council.
The CBI East of England Council forms part of the CBI's national policy making committee, signing off all CBI's public policy positions. The Council also plays a vital role in promoting the interests of businesses in the East of England and ensuring the region's business voice is heard in Westminster, Whitehall, Brussels and beyond.
Currently group managing director the Ridgeon Group, one of the UK's largest builders' merchants, she will succeed current chairman Andy Wood in December 2014.
'I am really excited to have been appointed Vice Chair of the East of England Regional Council,' she said. 'The next 12 months in particular are vital for business in the run up to the general election and I'm looking forward to working with the current Chair, Andy Wood, Richard Tunnicliffe and the CBI team here to make sure our business voice is heard in national and regional policy debates.
'I am passionate about the potential of this region and look forward to working with our members here to ensure all parts of the region benefit from the economic upturn.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'