Ridgeon Group MD Angela Rushforth named as incoming CBI East of England vice-chairman
- Credit: Archant
CBI president Sir Mike Rake today announced the appointment of Angela Rushforth as the incoming Vice Chair of the CBI East of England Regional Council.
The CBI East of England Council forms part of the CBI's national policy making committee, signing off all CBI's public policy positions. The Council also plays a vital role in promoting the interests of businesses in the East of England and ensuring the region's business voice is heard in Westminster, Whitehall, Brussels and beyond.
Currently group managing director the Ridgeon Group, one of the UK's largest builders' merchants, she will succeed current chairman Andy Wood in December 2014.
'I am really excited to have been appointed Vice Chair of the East of England Regional Council,' she said. 'The next 12 months in particular are vital for business in the run up to the general election and I'm looking forward to working with the current Chair, Andy Wood, Richard Tunnicliffe and the CBI team here to make sure our business voice is heard in national and regional policy debates.
'I am passionate about the potential of this region and look forward to working with our members here to ensure all parts of the region benefit from the economic upturn.'
- 1 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 2 Norwich street named one of the most beautiful in the world
- 3 Crumbling coast fear means Norfolk's 'golf ball' radar must be moved
- 4 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 5 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
- 8 Seven people arrested after 50 vehicles stopped by police at Thickthorn
- 9 Enjoy afternoon tea onboard a steam train in Norfolk this summer
- 10 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich