Revamp for ‘tired’ Norwich industrial site in Burton Road
A 'tired' industrial site in Norwich will be demolished and revamped after planners backed proposals for four units.
Harber Commercial Properties has secured permission to redevelop part of Harford Engineering's site in Burton Road, on the Vulcan Road Industrial Estate.
Four independent units will replace the largest building on the Harford site. Two have been earmarked as new accommodation for Harford Engineering. The other two will be offered for sale or to let. Work is hoped to start later this year.
James Allen, senior partner at Roche, who are marketing the new units, said: 'Burton Road lies in the heart of Norwich's longest established industrial area and remains a popular location.
'This scheme represents a significant investment and will provide new accommodation which will generate strong interest from occupiers.'
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City Council planners said the proposals offered redevelopment at a 'now tired employment site'. They added: 'The design is considered acceptable and combined with landscaping will enhance the appearance of the site.'
One condition includes the development securing at least 10pc of its energy from renewable or low-carbon sources.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Tractors and harvesters sold as farming family retires after 100 years
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 King's Lynn man admits inciting children to engage in sex acts