QD Group raises four times its original pledge for EACH Nook appeal
- Credit: Supplied
Discount retailer QD Group has reached the £100,000 milestone in its fundraising for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) – smashing its original target.
The Norwich-based group signed up to the business network for the EACH Nook appeal in 2015, pledging to raise £25,000 over three years.
After recently handing over a cheque for £47,000, the group has now raised £101,414 for the Nook appeal, which is aiming to raise £10m to build a new children's hospice in Framingham Earl.
Funds have been raised across QD Group's 43 stores through fundraising activities undertaken by the store teams, distribution centre and head office staff in Norwich and Nottingham.
Events included obstacle courses, bake sales and head shaves, as well as customer donations and proceeds from the 5p carrier bag charge.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Foster, commercial director at QD, said: 'We have been overwhelmed by how much our staff and customers have all got behind our charity pledge to raise funds for the Nook appeal.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 7 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast