Wymondham steelwork firm reaches 150% of EACH Nook appeal fundraising target
- Credit: EACH
A Wymondham steelwork company has become the latest to fulfil its pledge to a charity campaign.
Pruce Newman signed up to East Anglia's Children's Hospices' (EACH) Nook appeal in March 2017. The firm pledged to raise £10,000 for the appeal, which is raising funds to build a new hospice at Framingham Earl.
It exceeded its target by half, and recently presented a cheque to EACH for £15,000.
The money was raised through activities including a golf day at Bawburgh Golf Club, the EACH Norwich abseil and Nook ball, and Pruce Newman's own endurance go-karting event.
The fundraising culminated in managing director Graham Newman running the London Marathon in April – raising £6,000 in the process.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Newman said: 'We couldn't have achieved this without the backing of our staff, suppliers and customers, all of whom have been great sports and responded to every challenge we could conceive.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 5 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 6 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 7 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 10 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop