Cheers! Popworld owner reports bumper Christmas trading
- Credit: Archant
The owner of some of Norwich's most popular bars, pubs and clubs has toasted a buoyant festive period.
Stonegate – which owns the Be At One chain as well as the Lamb Inn, in Orford Place, and new club Popworld in Prince of Wales Road – saw sales growth of 7.8% across the business in December.
And both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve proved to be bumper days with an average sales spike of 8.3%.
Boxing Day also saw punters propping up the bar with many enjoying festive football coverage.
Stonegate said it reaped the rewards of an investment in pre-booking facilities, including creating a central call centre hub to handle reservations.
Boss Simon Longbottom said: 'Our like for like sales have increased again driven by our multi-format strategy, relentless focus on customer service and bolstering our market share in our local markets. Our success shows that there is value in a drinks-led, high street focused strategy.
You may also want to watch:
'Encouragingly, all of our trading formats and regions performed well and it was particularly pleasing to see the sites and brands we acquired in 2018 contributing to this.'
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working