Cheers! Popworld owner reports bumper Christmas trading
- Credit: Archant
The owner of some of Norwich's most popular bars, pubs and clubs has toasted a buoyant festive period.
Stonegate – which owns the Be At One chain as well as the Lamb Inn, in Orford Place, and new club Popworld in Prince of Wales Road – saw sales growth of 7.8% across the business in December.
And both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve proved to be bumper days with an average sales spike of 8.3%.
Boxing Day also saw punters propping up the bar with many enjoying festive football coverage.
Stonegate said it reaped the rewards of an investment in pre-booking facilities, including creating a central call centre hub to handle reservations.
Boss Simon Longbottom said: 'Our like for like sales have increased again driven by our multi-format strategy, relentless focus on customer service and bolstering our market share in our local markets. Our success shows that there is value in a drinks-led, high street focused strategy.
You may also want to watch:
'Encouragingly, all of our trading formats and regions performed well and it was particularly pleasing to see the sites and brands we acquired in 2018 contributing to this.'
- 1 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 4 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 Long delays due to overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 7 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery