Photo gallery: New indoor skate park set to open in Norwich
- Credit: Archant © 2013
Skateboarders and BMX bikers will be able to enjoy perfecting their tricks in a new indoor skate park set to open in Norwich on Saturday.
Charge Unit BMX and skate park is opening on Delta Close on the Vulcan Road Industrial Estate, north of Norwich. It is the idea of Andrew Biss, from Ormesby, who is running the park with his brother Daniel and mum Janice.
Mr Biss, who also runs Charge Clothing and Eastern Screen Print, said he was inspired to open the skate park because his clothing company sponsors a number of BMX riders, motocross teams and skateboarders, and because he said there was no skate park like his new venture already in the city. He said there was lots of support from the community for the park and he was excited about the opening on Saturday.
He said: 'We have got some big ramps and one of the biggest indoor jump boxes in the country. We call it the rhino box because of its shape and a lot of people are getting excited about it.'
He said a lot of volunteers and local businesses had helped set up the park and he wanted to thank everyone involved including Pat Banks from Limit BMX, Fabcon and MCT Electrical.
You may also want to watch:
About his future plans, he said: 'Eventually we are going to build another floor with a cafe, pool table and viewing area. We also plan to have a little skate bowl and a foam pit.
Competitions and lessons will also take place at Charge Unit.
- 1 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 6 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 7 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 10 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
The park - which has a rhino logo - will raise funds for the Save the Rhino charity.
• Charge Unit will open at 10am on Saturday. It will then be open everyday 10am-10pm. It will host mixed sessions as well as under 16s, over 16s, BMX only and skate only sessions.
• For more visit www.chargeclothing.com/charge-unit/