Hotel brings back popular street food event
- Credit: Park Farm Hotel
A hotel near Norwich is opening its grounds to some of Norfolk's best street food vendors for a for a special weekly event.
Park Farm Hotel and Leisure in Hethersett began hosting street food nights over lockdown when guests could no longer visit its hotel and restaurant.
Brand manager Lucy Gowing said: ""We started hosting food trucks during lockdown as we had a large empty carpark and wondered if any local businesses might make use of it.
"It ended up being really popular and it was great to be able to offer something different. The best thing was that it brought life back to the hotel whilst it remained closed.
"Once we were able to re-open, the street food nights came to an end.
"However, we thought that before the busy summer starts, we would give the kitchen team a break for two nights a week and bring the trucks back.
"It has been lovely to welcome back familiar faces, but also new businesses we haven't had here before.
- 1 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 6 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
- 7 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 8 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 9 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 10 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
"Our guests have been really enjoying it and the food has been amazing. We are spoiled."
The street food nights will run Monday and Tuesday evenings between 5pm and 8pm until the end of June.