Norfolk boat builder Oyster completes first yacht under new leadership
- Credit: Oyster Yachts
A Norfolk boat builder which was on the brink six months ago has completed its first build under new ownership.
Oyster Yachts has completed an Oyster 575, ordered under the previous management, which was left unfinished after the company went into administration in February.
Under its new leadership, the firm has agreed contracts to complete almost all of the orders made with the previous company. Some 14 vessels are now being worked on at its sites in Hoveton and Southampton, with the 575 being the first to reach completion.
The vessel, designed for family sailing, has also undergone safety testing and four weeks of sea trials.
An official champagne launch ceremony took place in Ipswich on Thursday to mark the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
Oyster Yachts chief executive Richard Hadida said the completion of the 575 was a 'key milestone' in the firm's growth. 'With the completion of our first yacht, I am proud to say Oyster is firmly back in business,' he said.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'