‘Onel Hernández to your collection point please’ - footballer meets excited fans at Norwich Argos store
- Credit: Tony Thrussell
Canaries footballer Onel Hernández was able to tear himself away from the Argos catalogues to speak to fans at the Norwich Riverside store.
Crowds of people gathered at the Argos shop from 3pm to get their shirts and memorabilia signed by the Norwich City winger on Wednesday.
The footballer stunned fans when he declared his love for the catalogue store in the club's official programme in January.
'When I read that in the newspaper I thought is that real? Is that fake news?' said Sophie Newby, 22, who travelled from Thetford to get her T-shirt signed.
Theo Lester, 12, from Costessey, added: 'I think it's quite cool because people think just because they're footballers they shop in posh places.'
Nicole Wise, 17, from Gorleston, said: 'I wished him well for this Friday's match.'
'He's a fantastic player, he's done so well this season, this is our push for promotion,' said Jake Vincent, 23, from Hellesdon.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 6 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 7 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
- 8 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 9 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 10 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges