Norwich vintage barbershop looking to be a cut above the rest
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
A gentleman's barber shop has moved to larger premises as it looks to send its products across the world.
Swagger and Jacks has opened a new 13-chair shop on Orford Hill in Norwich as it looks to build on recent success and the booming male grooming industry.
The move marks the third shop in three years for the company and now there are plans to move into Cambridgeshire.
Director Mark Young said: 'We are hoping to open in Cambridge in about a year from now. It has taken quite a while to get this shop how I wanted it to open.
'While we want to grow, we want to grow in East Anglia as a whole.
'Norwich has been very good for us. There is a big vintage scene and there wasn't really any other barber shop doing the vintage experience.'
The shop has expanded into the haircare, beardcare and shaving sectors by producing its own range which is now available on the continent and in Scandinavia as well as department stores across the county.
- 1 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 3 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 4 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 5 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 6 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 7 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 8 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 9 See inside 'characterful' townhouse with rural views on sale for £550k
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
Have you got a business story? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org