Norwich vintage barbershop looking to be a cut above the rest
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
A gentleman's barber shop has moved to larger premises as it looks to send its products across the world.
Swagger and Jacks has opened a new 13-chair shop on Orford Hill in Norwich as it looks to build on recent success and the booming male grooming industry.
The move marks the third shop in three years for the company and now there are plans to move into Cambridgeshire.
Director Mark Young said: 'We are hoping to open in Cambridge in about a year from now. It has taken quite a while to get this shop how I wanted it to open.
'While we want to grow, we want to grow in East Anglia as a whole.
You may also want to watch:
'Norwich has been very good for us. There is a big vintage scene and there wasn't really any other barber shop doing the vintage experience.'
The shop has expanded into the haircare, beardcare and shaving sectors by producing its own range which is now available on the continent and in Scandinavia as well as department stores across the county.
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 6 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 7 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 8 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 9 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 10 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
Have you got a business story? Write to email@example.com