Norwich tech firms opening their doors for DigitalCity
- Credit: Archant
An online trail which gives insight into some of Norwich's most exciting technology firms is being held this week.
DigitalCity, which describes itself as PokemonGO for businesses, aims to show young people and their parents the kind of careers that are available in the tech sector by allowing them into digital firms.
Founder Kieran Miles was inspired by the GoGoDragons! trail in the city and thought the idea could be turned to highlighting some of the innovative businesses across Norwich.
Those taking part range from small teams of three or four to one of the country's biggest companies.
Among those involved are Immersive VR, AxonVibe, Naked Element and Aviva.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Miles said: 'Digital City started out of a frustration for career events as we know it. Pop-up banners , free pens and a school hall just aren't fit for purpose any more, they aren't inspiring enough.
'I wanted to get young people making decision about their careers involved in the cultures of local firms, meeting the employees and owners whilst also finding out what's on offer in an interactive way.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
DigitalCity runs throughout the week ending on Friday.