Can you beat this? Architects carve scale model of Norwich Castle keep from snow
- Credit: Archant
Forget snowball fights and carrot-nosed snowmen – when the white stuff started falling the team at LSI Architects put their training to good use by sculpting a scale model of Norwich Castle keep.
The team set to work forming a mound for the castle to be built upon, before using a plastic storage box from the office to make a tightly packed snow cube.
They then carved in the detail with car ice scrapers and rulers, before finishing the project with a bridge to the castle gardens and a miniature snowman guard.
Blair Luther-Veitch, architectural assistant, said: 'A group of us decided to make the most of the snow and head out into the car park at lunchtime. We all agreed that as a team of architects and technologists, we should really be more ambitious with our snow creation.
'It didn't take us long to find our inspiration. We only needed to take a quick look out of the window of our office on Cattle Market Street to see one of Norwich's most iconic buildings, Norwich Castle.
You may also want to watch:
'We used a few things lying around in the office as moulds to build our own snow version of Norwich castle – complete with castle mound and bridge and other details that make it so recognisable.
'We've been amazed by the response on social media to something that was just us having a bit of fun in the snow.'
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 4 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 10 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
The team had been hoping to follow up their castle creation with another Norwich landmark in snow today, but have had to scrap their plans with much of the snow turning to ice.