Can you beat this? Architects carve scale model of Norwich Castle keep from snow
- Credit: Archant
Forget snowball fights and carrot-nosed snowmen – when the white stuff started falling the team at LSI Architects put their training to good use by sculpting a scale model of Norwich Castle keep.
The team set to work forming a mound for the castle to be built upon, before using a plastic storage box from the office to make a tightly packed snow cube.
They then carved in the detail with car ice scrapers and rulers, before finishing the project with a bridge to the castle gardens and a miniature snowman guard.
Blair Luther-Veitch, architectural assistant, said: 'A group of us decided to make the most of the snow and head out into the car park at lunchtime. We all agreed that as a team of architects and technologists, we should really be more ambitious with our snow creation.
'It didn't take us long to find our inspiration. We only needed to take a quick look out of the window of our office on Cattle Market Street to see one of Norwich's most iconic buildings, Norwich Castle.
You may also want to watch:
'We used a few things lying around in the office as moulds to build our own snow version of Norwich castle – complete with castle mound and bridge and other details that make it so recognisable.
'We've been amazed by the response on social media to something that was just us having a bit of fun in the snow.'
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 6 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 7 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
The team had been hoping to follow up their castle creation with another Norwich landmark in snow today, but have had to scrap their plans with much of the snow turning to ice.