Date announced for opening of new ten-pin bowling alley
An exact date has been confirmed for the opening of Norwich's new ten-pin bowling centre and games arcade in Castle Mall.
Superbowl UK will open its doors on September 26 creating more than 35 jobs after an investment of £375,000 by owners Sega Amusements International. Superbowl UK has 10 venues around the UK with four new centres opening in the coming months including Norwich.
The facilities will include bowling, laser quest, a 'ninja' assault courses, soft play and Sega Prize Zone arcades offering a variety of video games.
The Sega amusement arcade area is also set to bring classic games to the site, featuring characters who include favourites like Sonic the Hedgehog. The centre will be capable of hosting up to 40 birthday parties a week, aiming to mirror the success of its venue in Ipswich, Suffolk.
The company expects the bowling alley to attract thousands of visitors to Castle Mall each week. George Smith, marketing and events coordinator, said: "Superbowl UK Norwich will bring our distinctive brand of family entertainment into the city. We will be modernising the customer experience with the latest audio and visual, including projector screens at the end of bowling lanes showing all of our latest offers."
- 1 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 2 Vicar at heart of bitter church row resigns
- 3 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 4 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 5 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 6 Princess Anne receives warm welcome at Royal Norfolk Show
- 7 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 8 Five-bed farmhouse with attached orchard and glamping site for sale
- 9 Traffic easing on first day of Royal Norfolk Show after earlier delays
- 10 Gallery of pictures from the Royal Norfolk Show's first day