Norwich ranked among best regional airports
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Norwich Airport has been ranked the third best small airport in the country for customer happiness.
User rights group Which? gave the travel hub a 75% satisfaction score – placing it above all but Doncaster Sheffield and London Southend among the airports with fewer than 10 million passengers per year.
Norwich scored four stars out of five for queues for security and passport control as well as for baggage claim, seating, staff and toilets.
The only area which caused dissatisfaction among fliers was the range of food outlets and shops.
Norwich Airport, which is part of the Rigby Group of regional airports, this summer revealed its master plan which included aims to raise passenger numbers to more than 1.4 million by 2045 as well as forging links with cities such as Paris and Dublin.
You may also want to watch:
Currently regular flights leave the city for Amsterdam's Schipol Airport, Alicante, Malaga and Aberdeen.
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 4 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham