Norwich Holiday Inn Hotel in Ipswich Road among 21 being put up for sale across the country
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich Holiday Inn hotel is among 21 being put on the market as investors seek to raise more than £70m from a sale.
The 119 bedroom hotel on Ipswich Road is among three in East Anglia, including Ipswich and Colchester, up for sale as part of the deal.
The sale also includes hotels across the country from Washington, Tyne & Wear in the north, to Portsmouth on the south coast.
Property advisor Christie + Co, which is handling the sale, said offers in excess of £70m are being sought for the whole group, although offers for small groups or individual hotels will be considered.
So far the interest shown in the hotels suggested that any new buyer was likely to continue running the sites as a going concern either as Holiday Inn hotels or under a different banner.
You may also want to watch:
Jeremy Jones, director of corporate hotels at Christie + Co, said offers for all or any of the hotels should be made by noon on June 11.
He said: 'Strong interest has already been shown in all the hotels, which are being offered free of management and with an interim Holiday Inn franchise agreement until the end of this year, and as such we have set a first round offer deadline of 11 June.'
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Man in 20s drowned in country park lake
- 5 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 6 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 7 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 8 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 9 Shock as cleaner finds a snake in house
- 10 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way