Norwich Genome Analysis Centre boss Jane Rogers to step down
The search is on for a new director of The Genome Analysis Centre in Norwich after Prof Jane Rogers announced she was stepping down at the end of the year.
Prof Roger, who has been director for the past five years successfully launched TGAC, on the Norwich Research Park, in 2009 with funding from BBSRC and co-investment from Norwich councils and the East of England Development Agency (Eeda).
Prof Richard Cogdell, chairman of the centre's trustee board, said: 'I am sorry to see Jane leave and wish to thank her for all of her hard work and dedication in turning an idea to a functioning institute.'
Prof Jane Rogers said 'I am extremely proud of what I have achieved at TGAC and know that the team I have helped bring together possess the right skills and expertise to contribute internationally in genomics and computational bioscience.'
Dr Mario Caccamo, currently Head of Bioinformatics has been appointed deputy director and will temporarily lead the institute while recruitment of a new Director begins.
You may also want to watch:
BBSRC Chief Executive, Prof Douglas Kell, said: 'Everyone involved in TGAC and in the wider bioscience community owes a huge debt to Jane for her work in establishing and developing TGAC into a recognised international centre. Since her appointment she has worked to build the institute from scratch, to recruit a talented team around her and to steer TGAC through its first institute assessment exercise. One of Jane's most important achievements has been to forge close relationships with partners, ensuring that the institute has been at the forefront of advances in next generation sequencing. Everyone at BBSRC, none more so than me, wish her the best of luck for the future.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall