Norwich chocolatier makes bid for ‘healthy snacks’ market
- Credit: Keiron Tovell
A Norwich-based chocolate maker is doing its bit to improve the nation's diets with a range of 'healthy' chocolate bars.
Gnaw Chocolate, based in Norwich, has launched a new range of chocolate and cereal bars made with seeds, fruits, nuts and granola.
Producing the new bars required a significant investment at the Gnaw factory on the Livestock Market to buy a new packing machine.
Gnaw co-founder Matt Legon said the new products had been received well by both customers and retailers.
'People are more conscious than ever about the importance of maintaining a healthier lifestyle and parents are also increasingly mindful of the occasional treats they give their children,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
The 35g bars are currently available in three flavours, two with milk and one with dark chocolate, but Gnaw plans to expand the range in the future if its popularity grows.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 6 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 7 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 8 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently