Future of region’s Bathstores in doubt with company on the brink of administration
- Credit: GoogleMaps/Archant
Fears are growing that Bathstores in the region could close after reports the chain was on the brink of collapse.
The Bathstore has a shop in Norwich's Queen's Road, and is one of five in the East of England.
It also has a store in Ipswich's Norwich Road.
MORE: Norwich department store censors explicit fragrance name on £200 perfumeAdvisory firm BDO has reportedly been lined up to handle the potential administration, but a spokesman for the company said he could not comment on the reports at this stage.
The chain has 168 stores and about 700 employees.
You may also want to watch:
The group has been owned by the American billionaire Warren Stephens since 2014, when he backed a management buyout.
It is understood that the group's owner is unwilling to put in more cash to save the business ahead of this month's rent day.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit