New bar with bathtub in the entrance is already selling out
- Credit: Chris Harvey
Norwich’s new bar has celebrated a bumper opening weekend with its tables selling out fast for the rest of the month.
Truth, which has opened on the ground floor above nightclub Mantra in Prince of Wales Road, reopened this bank holiday weekend.
And manager Glen Sarabi has said he was blown away by the flurry of bookings he has had this week – meaning the coming weekend is already sold out.
“We were so pleased with the response to the opening of Truth. We’re already getting to the stage where we’re having to turn people away or split up groups to allow for social distancing within the bar,” he said.
“The venue looks absolutely amazing if I do say so myself. In the current climate you have to do whatever you can to make your venue as Instagramable or as Tik-Tokable – if that’s a phrase – as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
As a result the team have installed a bath tub for people to take pictures in, as well as a horse from a merry-go-round.
People enjoying a drink in the garden will also find a bed among the pods, which have phone charging points installed.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 6 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 9 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 10 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
The new cocktail menu was also a hit, Mr Sarabi said.
“We’ve really been creative when it comes to the menu. We’re serving cocktails with dry ice in little black bath tubs to reflect the design of the venue. We’re doing our bloody Marys in skulls with dry ice for example and I think people are really enjoying the fact we’re doing something different,” he said.
“The other thing is that we’re going to keep evolving the menu. This isn’t the end of how we’re going to experiment with it and continue to bring new stuff in.”
He went on: “We also have indoor shisha as well as real coal shisha for outside. That obviously brings a new different aspect to the outdoor area.
“From the way it’s looking we’ll continue to be sold out for the next few weekends which is great news having been shut for so long.”