Norwich Airport reveals latest route for winter 2016-17 - the French Alps
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Norwich International Airport has revealed a new destination for its winter 2016-17 flight schedule.
The route to the French Alps resort of Chambéry, close to the border with Switzerland, will begin in mid-December and os the first winter ski flight from Norwich since 2010.
The announcement of the new route, which will be operated by Flybe, follows the start of year-round flights to Alicante, Malaga and Exeter last month.
The Chambéry flight, which will be on Saturday, will be served by one of Flybe's E195 118-seater jet aircraft, and is the product of a partnership between the airline and Regional & City Airports (RCA), the airport management division of Rigby Group PLC, which owns Norwich Airport.
Richard Pace, general manager at Norwich Airport, said: 'The partnership between RCA and Flybe means the new sunshine routes will operate year-round and we are delighted to be adding the popular ski resort of Chambéry to our winter schedule.
You may also want to watch:
'With the addition of regular flights to Exeter, Norwich Airport is offering one of its best winter schedules for years.'
Vincent Hodder, Flybe's chief revenue officer, said: 'Together with our partners at Norwich, Flybe will continue to look at ways to provide an increasing selection of attractive routes for our regional customers.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
'The diversity of our new winter schedule reinforces this commitment; and we look forward to welcoming many new passengers on board as they head off for winter sun and ski breaks, as well as those who are already enjoying the fast, easy convenience of our recently introduced services to Exeter.'
The airline has also today released tickets for flights to Malaga and Alicante for the winter season, which starts on October 31.