Norwich Airport reveals latest route for winter 2016-17 - the French Alps
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Norwich International Airport has revealed a new destination for its winter 2016-17 flight schedule.
The route to the French Alps resort of Chambéry, close to the border with Switzerland, will begin in mid-December and os the first winter ski flight from Norwich since 2010.
The announcement of the new route, which will be operated by Flybe, follows the start of year-round flights to Alicante, Malaga and Exeter last month.
The Chambéry flight, which will be on Saturday, will be served by one of Flybe's E195 118-seater jet aircraft, and is the product of a partnership between the airline and Regional & City Airports (RCA), the airport management division of Rigby Group PLC, which owns Norwich Airport.
Richard Pace, general manager at Norwich Airport, said: 'The partnership between RCA and Flybe means the new sunshine routes will operate year-round and we are delighted to be adding the popular ski resort of Chambéry to our winter schedule.
You may also want to watch:
'With the addition of regular flights to Exeter, Norwich Airport is offering one of its best winter schedules for years.'
Vincent Hodder, Flybe's chief revenue officer, said: 'Together with our partners at Norwich, Flybe will continue to look at ways to provide an increasing selection of attractive routes for our regional customers.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 5 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 6 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 10 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
'The diversity of our new winter schedule reinforces this commitment; and we look forward to welcoming many new passengers on board as they head off for winter sun and ski breaks, as well as those who are already enjoying the fast, easy convenience of our recently introduced services to Exeter.'
The airline has also today released tickets for flights to Malaga and Alicante for the winter season, which starts on October 31.