Town post office reopens after month long closure for refurbishment
- Credit: Post Office
A town Post Office has reopened after being closed for most of January while a full refurbishment was carried out.
The office on New Road in North Walsham has been modernised to enhance its retail offering, with new additional counters for shop sales.
The office's four postal counters remain in place.
Printing, photocopying and passport photos services are now available at the branch and it will also stock a selection of greetings cards, helium balloons, giftware and stationery.
During the three week closure, the post office ran a mobile service alongside an outreach service at St Nicholas church hall to continue its service.
You may also want to watch:
In October the branch in New Road, North Walsham was franchised to NG North Walsham Ltd, with Neal Gurney, who is already postmaster of several branches in Norfolk taking over the helm.
Matt Hatfull, Post Office network provision lead, said: “The whole Post Office and store looks modern and fresh, it looks really good.”
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 4 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 5 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 6 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 7 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 8 Local pub splashes back into action
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 High school pupils isolating after positive Covid-19 test