Former cafe set to become dog grooming salon
- Credit: Casey Cooper-Fiske
A town centre tea room is set to be transformed into a dog grooming salon.
Clippers Dog Grooming will open in the former Butterfingers tea room at 1 Mitre Tavern Yard in North Walsham if it gets planning permission.
If approved, the salon will be opened by Leanne Bunn, who has previously been dog grooming in the town from pet shop Sam's Pets in the Market Place.
She said: "I've been dog grooming in the town for years now and I saw that building and secured it so I'm just waiting for permission to be granted.
"It's the first time I'm going to have an actual salon."
The premises has been empty since Butterfingers closed last year.
The salon would open from 9am to 5pm from Monday to Saturday.
- 1 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 2 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 3 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 7 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 8 Caravan left dumped near beach for several years will be removed
- 9 Police investigate 'possible assault' after Dereham town centre fight
- 10 How landlord behind squalid flats was finally brought to justice