Norse Commercial Services generates nearly £5m of new business in strong start to financial year
- Credit: Norse Commercial Services
A services and outsourcing group has secured £5m of work as it continues to form public sector partnerships.
Norse Commercial Services' new contracts takes its forward orders to nearly £15m in the first three months of the financial year.
The EDP/EADT Top 100 group, which shares a portion its profits with Norfolk County Council, said its strong start to the year would boost the region's economy as well as provide a pipeline of jobs as it continued conversations to form further partnerships across the UK.
Managing director Dean Wetteland said: 'The £5m of new business we have put on in the first three months means additional revenue to the county via our profit share arrangement with the county council, local supply chain spend and the creation of new jobs.
'Norse has never been in a stronger financial position, adding to the long-term security of employment for our staff, continuity of service to clients, and the ongoing added value we create in the local economy through our commitment to purchasing locally wherever possible, and the spending power of our employees.'
You may also want to watch:
He added Norse, which provides contract services including building and grounds maintenance, cleaning catering and security, had an order book in excess of £2bn.
The group operates 15 local authority partnerships, and had a turnover of £196m in the previous 12 months' trading.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
Sales director Geoff Tucker said all the company's divisions were generating new business.
'We are seeing sustained growth throughout the company, with cleaning, catering and grounds maintenance all showing a strong start to the new financial year,' he said. 'Our partnerships are regularly winning new contracts in both the private and public sectors, and our local authority partners are continuing to transfer further services into our companies.'
The company also confirmed that it is in the final stages of discussion with a number of councils to create further partnerships over the coming months, which Mr Tucker said will 'not only ensure that we continue to out-perform the industry growth rate, but will also create a number of new jobs in our Norwich head office'.