#NorfolkDay tops UK trending topics after launch
- Credit: Archant
#NorfolkDay shot to the top of Twitter's UK trending topics following the launch of the exciting new initiative on Friday.
The event, which is backed by the EDP, Norwich Evening News and BBC Radio Norfolk, was greeted by enthusiasm and excitement across the county.
The EDP and Evening News both carried stories on the initiative while the BBC conducted a live broadcast for Dereham where details of Norfolk Day were revealed.
Set to take place on Friday, July 27, Norfolk Day is an opportunity for the county's residents and businesses to show how proud they are to live here, and day in which everyone is encouraged to get involved.
Conservative MP for South West Norfolk Elizabeth Truss Tweeted her support for the idea: 'Great idea and the day after my birthday! #NorfolkDay #let'sgetthepartystarted.'
Sky Sports F1 commentator Martin Brundle also showed his enthusiasm for the day: 'Great idea to have a Norfolk Day Georgia. Most beautiful and peaceful county in the UK.'
Tom Colley Tweeted: '#norfolkday is a celebration I will 100% be getting right into! I have to start planning! I'm thinking.... Broadland church concert and whatever will be happening Norwich.'
- 1 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 2 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 3 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 4 'Quirky' two-bed cottage in Wymondham on sale for £350k
- 5 Norwich's 'hidden' church added to at risk list
- 6 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 7 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk in July
- 8 West Norfolk town centre road closed following two-vehicle crash
- 9 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 10 Need for extension could mean Norwich roadworks continue for longer
Mitch Tweeted: 'Fair play to the #norfolkday team, putting some passion in to their communities.'