Norfolk Young Farmers’ Club introduces its two new press officers
- Credit: Norfolk YFC
Norfolk Young Farmers' Club's two new press officers said they are excited about the opportunities to promote their organisation during the coming year.
Anna Purser and Kate Basey Fisher, both members of Loddon Young Farmers' Club, have taken up the joint role following the Norfolk YFC executive's annual general meeting earlier this month.
Kate, who lives on an arable farm where she helps during harvest time with corn carting and cultivations, has recently qualified as a registered nurse.
She said: 'My parents persuaded me to join Young Farmers and, after ignoring their advice, I finally joined and regret not joining sooner. Loddon Young Farmers has given me the chance to get involved in weekly meetings and competitions and other things I would never previously have dreamed of trying or taking part in.'
Anna lives in Raveningham, where she and her family own an expanding flock of rare breed longwool sheep including Wensleydales and Teeswaters. She said : 'Since joining Young Farmers I have had the opportunity to attend weekly meetings. These vary from farm visits to having guest speakers, such as Norfolk Constabulary talking about agriculture related theft and the latest technology available to farmers to help keep their property safe.
You may also want to watch:
'I have taken part in many events and competitions, such as sheep stock judging, farm safety and first aid. I would not have had the chance to take part in these if it wasn't for Young Farmers.'
• Loddon YFC is holding its new members night at 8pm on October 9 at the George and Dragon Pub, Thurton.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 8 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 9 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace