Norfolk YFC on the national stage
Nine young Countrysiders represented Norfolk at the national competitions' day but lost to much older and stronger teams in the junior rounders.The team, wearing new poloshirts, sponsored by Norfolk farmer John Raker, looked really smart at the Staffordshire showground.
Nine young Countrysiders represented Norfolk at the national competitions' day but lost to much older and stronger teams in the junior rounders.
The team, wearing new poloshirts, sponsored by Norfolk farmer John Raker, looked really smart at the Staffordshire showground. And well done to Cath Atherton, who competed in intermediate flower arranging and was co-driver on the bus.
A great training opportunity is available from Norfolk YFC on Saturday, November 17, at Easton College. The livestock competence course, which should cost £85, is only £30 thanks to a special grant for 15 applicants. A handful of places remain, so call county office.
A fun-packed training weekend on October 27 and 28 is free. It is a chance learn skills on training programmes and team building. It starts at Croxton Park, Thetford (IP24 1LS) at 10am and includes evening meal, bed and breakfast and Go Ape High Ropes on Sunday. Call 01603 731307 to book a place.
You may also want to watch:
Get details on Discovery 2008. Applications by Friday, November 23.
Attleborough has a new members' quiz and chips on Monday at Garnier Hall, Eccles, 8pm onwards.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 8 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 9 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 10 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months
Dereham YFC present Fizz, Crackle & Bang at Broadway Farm, Scarning on Saturday, November 3 (7.30pm) £5 head; under 12 £1. Details, Lucie on 07747 773753.
County annual meeting - Thursday, November 8 (7pm) Easton College.