Norfolk TV presenter’s nappy change kit bags top eco-award
- Credit: Archant © 2010
An ecologically responsible kit for changing babies' nappies has won a green design award before being officially launched by its designers.
Becky Mantin, a Norfolk-born weather forecaster for ITV, has launched a series of parenting convenience products, including a pocket-sized, all-in-one nappy change kit designed to be ecological – from its packaging to its products.
Ms Mantin said she was pleased the product had won an award before arriving on the market.
'It's very gratifying to win an award before the Nappy Grab Bag has even been fully launched. It's a real indication that we've got the product right, and a great recognition of the whole design team's skill and creativity.'
Created by the product design agency, Factorydesign, the nappy kit was pitched to a three-man panel including judges from the Food Packaging Association and Marks and Spencer packaging technologists.
The Ecopack Challenge Award 2015 took place at the Packaging Innovations Show at the Birmingham National Exhibition Centre, and after winning the title it is expected that the design team will pitch the product to Marks and Spencer in the coming months.
Have you designed a new product? Contact business writer Jess Staufenberg on 01603772531, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @StaufenbergJ.
- 1 Crumbling coast fear means Norfolk's 'golf ball' radar must be moved
- 2 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 5 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 6 Yobs pictured climbing on vandalised charity dinosaur
- 7 Norwich street named one of the most beautiful in the world
- 8 The days you can visit Wroxham Barns for a fiver this month
- 9 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 10 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home