Norfolk TV presenter’s nappy change kit bags top eco-award
- Credit: Archant © 2010
An ecologically responsible kit for changing babies' nappies has won a green design award before being officially launched by its designers.
Becky Mantin, a Norfolk-born weather forecaster for ITV, has launched a series of parenting convenience products, including a pocket-sized, all-in-one nappy change kit designed to be ecological – from its packaging to its products.
Ms Mantin said she was pleased the product had won an award before arriving on the market.
'It's very gratifying to win an award before the Nappy Grab Bag has even been fully launched. It's a real indication that we've got the product right, and a great recognition of the whole design team's skill and creativity.'
Created by the product design agency, Factorydesign, the nappy kit was pitched to a three-man panel including judges from the Food Packaging Association and Marks and Spencer packaging technologists.
You may also want to watch:
The Ecopack Challenge Award 2015 took place at the Packaging Innovations Show at the Birmingham National Exhibition Centre, and after winning the title it is expected that the design team will pitch the product to Marks and Spencer in the coming months.
Have you designed a new product? Contact business writer Jess Staufenberg on 01603772531, email email@example.com or tweet @StaufenbergJ.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 7 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 8 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
- 9 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 10 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder