Warhammer maker Games Workshop posts another strong year
- Credit: GoogleMaps
Warhammer and fantasy miniatures company Games Workshop is set to post another stellar trading update.
The retailer is expected to post an increase in profits from £74.5m last year to around £80m this year.
Games Workshop has a store in Norwich's Westlegate.
The Warhammer maker also raised its dividend to 155p per share for the year.
MORE: Experts on how Debenhams stores in Norfolk will fight for survival"Following on from the group's half-year report in January, trading to April 7 2019 has continued well.
You may also want to watch:
"Compared to the same period in the prior year, sales and profits are ahead. Royalties receivable are also ahead of the prior year following the signing of new licence agreements," the Nottingham-based firm said.
Shares were up more than 5% at 3,495.1p in morning trade.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
The latest announcement follows a strong half-year update in January, when Games Workshop saw sales rise 14% in the six months to December 2 to £125.2m, boosted by an improved performance in retail and trade divisions.
Pre-tax profits were 7% higher at £40.8m at the interim mark.