Norfolk specialist cleaning firm taken over
Specialist cleaning firm Sanitec Cleaning Services has been acquired by a former regional rival.
Sanitec, set up by husband and wife team Nick and Jane Scrivens in St Faiths, near Norwich, has been bought by Essex-based Monthind for an undisclosed sum.
The acquisition has also seen the vast majority of Sanitec's 170 staff transferred to Monthind, with a very small number choosing to leave the business.
Established in 1997, Sanitec offers a range of cleaning services including office cleaning, retail, window, carpet and computer cleaning.
The acquisition follows a period of steep growth at Monthind, which now employs 1,000.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Clarke, managing director of Monthind, said: 'We are delighted that this significant acquisition includes the 170 Sanitec employees who have chosen to come with Monthind as we expand our operation.'
Mr Scrivens said the sale would enable the couple to focus on their wedding limousine business and running Lenwade House Hotel, which they bought earlier in the year. He said: 'Monthind has an excellent reputation in contract cleaning and I am pleased that the future of our employees will be secure and that our customers will continue to receive a high quality service.'
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 GP warns surgery 'is at breaking point' due to village expansion