Wonder-braaaaaa! Meet the Norfolk sheep which wears DD-cup lingerie
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Some might say she looks like mutton dressed as lamb – after all, sheep don't usually wear a bra.
But there's a very good reason for this Norfolk ewe's tantalising foray into designer lambing lingerie.
The buxom Beulah is among the new springtime mothers at Barnards Farm in Wymondham, but her droopy udder meant she was struggling to feed her twin lambs.
So shepherd David Cross came up with an unlikely solution from a neighbour's underwear drawer – customising a discarded 44DD bra into the world's first 'Wonder-braaaaa'.
'She's an older Beulah ewe, perfectly fit and healthy, just her udder needed a bit of extra support to make it easier for the lambs to latch on,' said Mr Cross's wife, Kathryn. 'She's got plenty of milk but got a bit droopy in the undercarriage – it comes to us all in old age.
'My neighbour was throwing out an old bra and David thought it could be re-purposed as a 'boulder holder' to help the ewe out. He cut out a couple of holes for the teats and her back legs fitted nicely through the straps and it works a treat.
'The twin lambs needed a bit of guidance to start with but they are getting the hang of it now.
- 1 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 2 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
- 3 Norwich street named one of the most beautiful in the world
- 4 Seven people arrested after 50 vehicles stopped by police at Thickthorn
- 5 Crumbling coast fear means Norfolk's 'golf ball' radar must be moved
- 6 Enjoy afternoon tea onboard a steam train in Norfolk this summer
- 7 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 8 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 9 Trains returns to railway station for first time in decades
- 10 Football club fined and chairman suspended over FA breaches
'Shepherds have to be quite creative sometimes.'