Norfolk’s Future 50 get creative at bike-inspired networking event
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
Some of Norfolk's fastest-growing small businesses put their ingenuity into action during a networking event with a creative twist.
More than 30 people – including 15 businesses from the EDP Future 50 – descended on the Norwich University of the Arts (NUA) where they were tasked with building bicycles between drinks and canapes.
But there was no sign of greasy finger tips and monkey wrenches, as three teams faced the daunting task of constructing their two-wheeled mobiles from a stack of old newspapers.
The inspiration for the meeting came from NUA to showcase the virtues of using creative thinking and teamwork to drive innovation.
Businesses attending the event, on Wednesday October 15, included: Beattie Passive, Creative Sponge, Credo Asset Finance, eco-classrooms, Epos Now, FXHOME, JRT Plumbing and Heating Solutions, Kensington Tea Company, Norfolk Quail, R A Brown Heating Services, Selesti, Seneye, Zing Insights, Lambda Films and the Fountain Partnership.
You may also want to watch:
The Future 50 is sponsored by Lovewell Blake, NUA, Birketts, and NWES.
To learn more about Norfolk's Future 50, including full profiles of the current class of 2014, visit www.norfolk-future50.co.uk, or take a closer look at the Future 50 news story section on www.edp24.co.uk/business
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 'Life begins at 70' says former TV star as she releases her new novel
Do you have a Future 50 story for the Eastern Daily Press? Contact business editor Ben Woods on 01603 772426 or email email@example.com.