Norfolk Now 15-Second Showcase: New campaign will put county’s businesses in the spotlight
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Do you have the wow factor?
Norfolk businesses are being asked to put themselves centre-stage with the launch of the Norfolk Now 15-Second Showcase – our video challenge to the county's companies ahead of Norfolk Day.
The gauntlet has been thrown down by Norfolk Chamber with the support of the EDP and the BBC, the organisers of Norfolk Day, and companies large and small are being urged to play their part.
Firms are being asked to cut a 15-second video showing what makes their business special, with the collected footage used to create a picture of what doing business in Norfolk really looks like.
Chris Sargisson, chief executive of Norfolk Chamber, called on every business to step up and show the richness, creativity and talent in the Norfolk business scene.
You may also want to watch:
'We're going to change the perception of Norfolk and its commerce – and you're going to help. This is your moment,' he said.
'Think about the 'wow' factor of your business. What is it that makes you different? And what is it that people don't know about you?
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 GP warns surgery 'is at breaking point' due to village expansion
'Then, make a 15-second video to tell them. Film yourself, or your team, or somebody else, telling the world what makes you amazing. Be as creative as you like.'
Advice and tips are available on the Norfolk Chamber website at www.norfolkchamber.co.uk. Once the video has been shot and edited, share it via Twitter using the hashtags #15secbiz and #NorfolkDay.
'When I talk to people in businesses in Norfolk, and indeed about business in Norfolk, one of the phrases I hear most often is this: 'Wow! I didn't know that',' said Mr Sargisson.
'And some of the things people don't know are really worth knowing. Things like Norfolk has wind turbines so advanced that a single revolution can power a UK home every day. Or that a Norfolk digital marketing company recently went to New York to collect their worldwide award – Google's most prestigious award. And now that company actually teaches Google - about Google!
Norfolk Day on July 27 is a chance to celebrate the best of Norfolk as a great place to live, work and learn, and raise the profile of the county on a national stage.
Go to www.edp24.co.uk/business to see the first Norfolk Now 15-second Showcase videos.