Financial planners file for liquidation owing HMRC £74,513
- Credit: Getty Images
A financial planner has filed for liquidation – with creditors owed in excess of £213,000 according to its latest accounts.
Signpost Financial Planning in Attleborough appointed MHA Larking Gowen on September 16, which will be tasked with extracting as much cash as possible out of Signposts’ assets for creditors.
According to accounts published in June the company owed creditors £213,968 to be paid within the next year.
MORE: Logistics firm which employed 22 people goes into liquidationThe majority is owed to ‘group undertakings’, with 100pc of the shares in the company owned by parent company Signpost Financial Holdings.
Both companies are directed by Nigel McTear.
Signpost also owed £74,513 in corporation tax and 61,781 to ‘other creditors’.
You may also want to watch:
However the company’s balance sheet suggests that its assets outweigh the debt owed, with just over £94,000 in the bank and it being owed £218,410 by debtors.
This leaves it with current net assets just shy of £99,000.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 10 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
The company employees three people out of The Chancery in Attleborough Road.