WATCH: With Brexit just 50 days away, how confident are Norfolk farmers about the future?
- Credit: Keiron Tovell
With just 50 days to go until Brexit, the uncertainties surrounding agricultural trade, new market opportunities and environmental regulation were among the key topics discussed at the 2019 Norfolk Farming Conference.
Hundreds of delegates gathered at the John Innes Centre Conference Centre to hear debate and opinion from industry leaders, politicians, consumer analysts and working farmers.
This year's theme of Defining the Future aimed to go beyond the immediate concerns over the phasing out of farm subsidies and the evolving competitive landscape after Brexit, and look ahead to the business opportunities available to resilient, focused and competitive farm businesses.
So we asked a cross-section of farmers: With Brexit just 50 days away and given everything you've heard at the conference, how confident do you feel about the future of Norfolk farming?
The question brought a range of opinions – click on the video above to see the farmers' responses.
You may also want to watch:
• For more coverage from the Norfolk Farming Conference, see Saturday's EDP Farm and Country Pages.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 6 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 9 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 10 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more