The gifts Norfolk mums can be expecting this Mother’s Day
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The gifts Norfolk mums can expect to be receiving this weekend have been revealed.
The Co-op has revealed that gin and flowers are the top purchases in the run up to Mother's Day, and although the county are spending more money on their mums, they are making the purchases at the last minute.
Sales of gin and flowers spiked 20pc in the run up to Mother's Day last year, according to the data from the Central England Co-op - which includes Norfolk.
In 2018, customers spent 14pc more on alcohol, with gin showing the biggest jump in popularity with sales increasing 21pc in just a year.
However, low alcohol drinks have also seen a boost in popularity over recent times with a 24pc rise in sales from 2017 to 2018.
You may also want to watch:
Shoppers were also increasingly opting for premium lines, however the biggest spike in sales came first thing on Mother's Day with analysis suggesting people picked up bouquets on the way to see their mums.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 8 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 9 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 10 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed