Norfolk Chamber of Commerce’s new chief executive has been revealed
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk's biggest business lobbying organisation has named its new chief executive.
Entrepreneur Chris Sargisson will take over in June, succeeding the outgoing Caroline Williams who steps down this month after 17 years in the role.
Mr Sargisson is an experienced business figure, who worked at Norwich Union Direct in the 1990s before leaving to launch Its4me, one of the UK's most successful online car insurance brokers and a major Norwich employer.
He went on to create House Revolution, an early online estate agency, alongside running his own business consultancy practice. He lives in Norwich with his wife and two children.
Norfolk Chamber president Jonathan Cage said: 'He strikes the right balance of proven business experience and successful entrepreneurial behaviour.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'We wish our current chief executive Caroline all the best in her new career.
'She has played a key role in the success of the Norfolk Chamber since 2000 so it's been an extremely important exercise to select the right candidate both to build on Caroline's many achievements and take this important organisation forward.'
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea