Norfolk business leaders forge links with the taxman
Senior civil servants from the HM Revenue and Customs small business strategy team have held talks with business leaders in Norfolk as part of a new initiative to improve links between the two.
In a trip organised by the Norfolk Chamber, the four strong HMRC team toured the Syfer Technology factory in Norwich meeting managing director Howard Ingleson and finance director Howard Keogh.
The meeting comes as the chambers gets set to host a key conference next month on how to unlock growth in the regional economy featuring business secretary Vince Cable as the keynote speaker.
And it also included a round table discussion on topics such as R&D, tax relief, online filing, and import/export tax implications.
The HMRC team also met with the newly formcd chamber Business and Finance Group (BFG), which comprises of reprensentatives from Larking Gowen, PwC, Price Bailey, Lovewell Blake, Barclays, HSBC, Clydesdale Bank, Natwest and Lloyds TSB.
You may also want to watch:
David Whitehead from Larking Gowen, chairman of the new BFG group said: 'We were delighted that the HMRC SME Strategy Team was able to meet with us to discuss many current business issues such as tax simplification, the perceived hardening approach of HMRC, start up problems and other specific issues that Chamber members had raised with us. This has opened a line of communication with the Strategy Team that will help us raise members' concerns in future.'
Today is the last chance to book a place at the Unlocking Growth Business Conference on December at OPEN, Norwich. For more details go to www.unlockinggrowth.co.uk
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'