Norfolk brothers unveil vision for London culinary school
- Credit: Archant
A pair of enterprising Norfolk brothers have unveiled plans to launch a meat-curing school in London after seeing their business take off in the capital.
Joe and Sean Cannon, of Cannon & Cannon, have just moved the business to a 1,000sq ft in unit Borough Market, central London, where they plan to provide classes in charcuterie.
It comes after the firm recently kick-started an e-commerce site delivering deli meats – including products by Norfolk suppliers – to customers across the UK.
The company, which currently employs six staff, was established four years ago in Norfolk, and has gone on to establish a restaurant and deli in Brixton.
It has recently been shortlisted in the Smarta 100 Awards, which recognises the most inspiring small businesses across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Sean Cannon, who grew up with his brother in Ingworth, near Alysham, said the firm had started selling locally supplied meats and cheeses from market stalls in East Anglia, before the business took them down to London.
• If you would like to vote for Cannon and Cannon as part of the Smarta awards visit www.smarta.com/smarta100/2013/cannon-and-cannon/
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening