Norfolk boat firm hopes to double sales after expansion
A boat sales and brokerage firm is hoping it will be plain sailing to double sales after a major expansion.
Norfolk Boat Sales is opening a new motor-boat brokerage office in Brundall and is also entering into a new and used boat sales partnership with another leading yacht agency, Lowestoft Boat Sales.
Following the agreement to become one of only four UK agents appointed by the Broom Boats, Norfolk Boat Sales has opened a new motor boat brokerage office in Brundall so it can work closely with the boat building company, which is based in the same village.
Norfolk Boat Sales, which is based at Wroxham and currently sells 120 boats a year, has also teamed up with Lowestoft Boat Sales, which will now operate under the Norfolk Boat Sales umbrella.
Lowestoft Boat Sales are also east coast agents for Trusty Motor Boats (a traditional motor cruiser especially suitable for estuary and coastal cruising) and agents for Sea Otter Narrow Boats as well as possessing a thriving brokerage operation.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Stone, who runs Norfolk Boat Sales, says that he confidently expects the three offices together will double the number of boats they sell in a year.
He said 'I am particularly excited by our new relationship with long established boat builder Broom Boats. We have already sold one of their new designs, the Broom 370, to a local businessman and we are delighted at the amount of interest the new boats have generated. We have also ordered one of these boats ourselves and it is currently being built by Broom at Brundall.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 8 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 10 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
'We are delighted to be working with Broom Boats, one of the most famous boat building companies in the country.
'That together with our closer relationship with Lowestoft Boat Sales points to a really great year ahead.
'Even in the teeth of a pretty nasty economic downturn our business has held up really well and I am confident we shall sell more boats from our Wroxham, Brundall and Lowestoft bases next year than ever before.'
Norfolk Boat Sales are part of the Barnes Brinkcraft group of companies.