Family-run furniture store closing down
An independently-run furniture business, which has been going for more than a decade, has announced it is closing down.
Better Furniture, based in Southtown Road, Yarmouth, is closing with a sale of all items.
Meanwhile, its sister shop on Barker Street in Norwich was also closed this week. But a post from the store on social media has indicated it is re-opening as normal.
The store announced its closing down sale on social media, posting on Twitter and Facebook: "Our Southtown Road store is closing down. The building has been sold and everything is reduced to clear. Starts Thursday, 9am."
It stated there would be "huge reductions" on all items including dining and bedroom furniture, designer and handmade sofas, beds, rugs, mirrors and oak furniture. It also stated the Norwich store would "continue to fulfil all your new, existing and future special orders."
Better Furniture was established on Boxing Day 2008 and owned by a company called Emporium Pine Limited, based in Yarmouth.
- 1 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 2 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 3 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 4 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 5 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 6 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 7 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 8 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 9 Car seen driving on the wrong side of the A47
- 10 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show