Family-run furniture store closing down
An independently-run furniture business, which has been going for more than a decade, has announced it is closing down.
Better Furniture, based in Southtown Road, Yarmouth, is closing with a sale of all items.
Meanwhile, its sister shop on Barker Street in Norwich was also closed this week. But a post from the store on social media has indicated it is re-opening as normal.
The store announced its closing down sale on social media, posting on Twitter and Facebook: "Our Southtown Road store is closing down. The building has been sold and everything is reduced to clear. Starts Thursday, 9am."
It stated there would be "huge reductions" on all items including dining and bedroom furniture, designer and handmade sofas, beds, rugs, mirrors and oak furniture. It also stated the Norwich store would "continue to fulfil all your new, existing and future special orders."
You may also want to watch:
Better Furniture was established on Boxing Day 2008 and owned by a company called Emporium Pine Limited, based in Yarmouth.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day