Norfolk bakery named one of best in UK
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk bakery business has impressed a prolific food writer who has named it one of the best in the country.
Writer Sarah Guy discovered Bread Source in Aylsham while compiling her new book Europe's Best Bakeries.
In a recent article for the Telegraph she named it among the top 20 in Britain, saying: 'Provenance is all here, and people who come to this whitewashed shop in the market town of Aylsham can rest assured their sourdoughs, baguettes and multigrains are at the vanguard of the slow-food revolution, having taken many hours to take shape.
'The densely satisfying sourdough, made from local flour, a little sea salt, water and some wild magic, is a daily bestseller, but weekend shoppers make a beeline for the granola loaf, with its sweet and sticky fruit and nut crust (coconut, hazelnut, fig and apricot all baked in) – perfect for an indulgent breakfast.'
The Norfolk business, which is owned by Steve Winter, is going from strength to strength in the region, with a new stall on Norwich Market adding to its bread empire - which as well as the Aylsham shop includes a shop and cafe on St Giles Street.
You may also want to watch:
Reacting to being named one of Britain's best bakeries, Bread Source said: 'Thank you to all of our amazing customers; new and old for your incredible support over the years.
'We can't wait to see where this amazing journey takes us next.'
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 7 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 8 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home