New Primark store in Norwich to open this week
- Credit: Archant
The new temporary home of Primark in Norwich city centre is to open this week.
The discount fashion retailer will open its doors in the former BHS store on St Stephens Street on Wednesday.
It announced in December that it would move into the building while work continues on the extension to its current premises on Haymarket.
It hopes to move out of its temporary home and into the newly-extended premises in time for summer 2019.
The St Stephens Street building has been vacant since August 2016 when BHS closed the last of its stores following the company's collapse.
You may also want to watch:
The sight of maintenance workers in the shop in December caused a stir, before Roche Chartered Surveyors revealed Primark would be the site's new temporary tenant.
Primark's Haymarket store will close on Tuesday.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Man in 20s drowned in country park lake
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 6 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 7 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 8 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 9 Shock as cleaner finds a snake in house
- 10 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way