New manager for Sizewell B nuclear plant
A new manager has been appointed to run the Sizewell B nuclear power station.
John Benn, pictured, has moved to the Suffolk coast from Scotland, where he was the maintenance manager at EDF Energy's Hunterston B nuclear power station.
The 41-year-old, who is originally from Edinburgh, has 25 years experience in the energy industry, including work with wind, hydro, coal, gas and nuclear power.
he has spent the past few months undertaking a training programme to get to know the plant and systems at Sizewell B before starting his new role this month.
He said: 'My induction at the site has been the perfect mix of classroom technical training studies and time out on the plant with staff who have worked here since the station was commissioned 15 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
'The Suffolk coast is a beautiful place to be based and I am looking forward to getting to know the area on my bike or by taking walks with my family.'
He has moved to Woodbridge with his wife Audrey and children Hannah, seven, and James, three.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 6 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 7 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 8 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit